Thursday 19 January 2012

Statement Necklaces

To think I spent so long with a naked neck?  I never wore necklaces, opting instead for bangles, friendship bracelets and rings.  But last year I discovered how amazing they look against a basic jumper, how decadent they appear on top of metallics and how much they satisfy my magpie tendencies.

Dannijo is the most incredible jewellery label with necklaces that make me feel slightly weak at the knees.   The two sisters from New York who design the pieces blend a rock vibe with Aztec influences, and often there is a final flourish of unnerving spikes and chains.  The result is simply sublime.



Ok, so they're extortionate. But just LOOK at them!!

By no means, however, do you have to splurge to get great statement jewellery.  The High Street is a mecca of 'wow' pieces to add some pizazz to a simple outfit.

 

Here are my absolute favourite necklaces that I've collected over the last few months:


Topshop
Fabulously chunky chain


Forever 21
Gold with mammoth diamante gems - looks awesome teamed with her Topshop friend


Accessorize
Bit more dainty than my usual taste, but again Topshop saves the day


Miss Selfridge 
Gold with cascading chains and central gem stone - quite Cleopatra


Topshop Premium
With a chunky black plastic chain, hammered gold disks and 
semi precious tigerseye stones, this ones a beauty.   

No comments:

Post a Comment