Monday 30 January 2012

Has Anyone Seen This Bag?

Why is it that girls have SO much to carry, yet you see boys on the tube and on the street with no baggage what so ever?  A mere wallet in the pocket is all they need, and sometimes a man bag (I can hardly bring myself to utter the word 'rucksack'...shudder).  Do they not have carefully planned and home made lunches to carry in carefully chosen tupperware, or big leather diaries which must be consulted in order to plan our existence!?  Obviously not.  What a simple life.


My beloved  Mulberry Tillie tote  houses a multitude of 'life essentials':

current book - current magazine - current nail varnish in case of chips - makeup bag - purse - Lotil lipbalm x7
Blackberry - iPod - lighter x3 - lunch - sometimes a spare outfit if I'm going out after work - passport - oyster

....and so it continues............

And whilst men wonder care free with non-aching arms, girls often have to 'double up'.  Handbag + respectable shopping bag which has probably been saved for such occasions because we wouldn't be seen dead holding a carrier bag unless for grocery shopping.  These poor bags get battered, worn and broken and so I bought my very own sturdy 'spare bag' from uber-fabulous website alphabetbags.com
They offer initialed and slogan baring canvas shoppers as well as more recently added purses, card holders and wash bags.  Ok, so I pretty much want the whole range.  But I sensibly restrained and opted for a black tote with 'C' in white.  I shortened the long shoulder straps because I like to carry bags on my fore arm.  My housemate would ask to borrow it to return clothes that didn't suit, to which she was met with the reply 'But your name doesn't  start with a 'C'?' ...Apparently these details don't concern all people.


She was practical, she was chic, she was well-travelled....and then she was gone.  She disappeared and has never been found (and I don't even think the aforementioned housemate has her).  So until I can bring myself to re-purchase, I send this question into cyber space:

Has anyone seen this bag?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment