Friday 13 January 2012

Bellissima!

Back from Italy having had the most fabulous whirlwind trip.  With no time between enjoying the Italian's exemplary hosting, and being whizzed off to a conference and fashion show the morning after, there are very few photos.  Instead, I thought I'd pay homage to my time away by showcasing my favourite Italian show from Spring Summer 12.  Emilio Pucci's Artistic Director Peter Dundas concocted a spectacle with a 'gypsy de luxe' theme.  Full, billowing skirts were topped off with cropped tops with lingerie-like lace detailing, and jewellery was piled on with that gypsy, almost bric-a-brac look.

 A sultry palette of black and scarlet...

...followed by the chicest version of a travelling bride. 'My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding', this is not!


The show reminds me of Jennifer Lopez's 'Ain't It Funny' video and the exquisite designs make me want to have wild, unkempt hair, copious trinkets and lots of skirt teamed with bare feet.  Maybe a caravan holiday isn't as hideous an idea as I thought...

1 comment: