Sunday 6 May 2012

American Dream

This week, a facebook message came to me all the way from the States.  It was from one of my old American interns Kaitlin, who came over to London to work on our Fashion team and generally be indispensable!  The message contained a video of her dancing to victory in an INCREDIBLE dance group for a sorority competition.  It was glossy, sexy, awash with leggy blondes, and immensely All-American.  It made me feel like I was watching forty five homecoming queens move in unison....maybe I was.  Whilst my university experience consisted of snakebite and Oceana, her college life is all sororities, football games and I'm guessing a fair amount of Ralph Lauren.  I LOVE a bit of prep!

Coincidentally, one of this Summer's hottest trends is Americana with Prada making Cadillac's as acceptable a print as polka dots, and Isabel Marant going all Varsity on us with number-emblazoned sweatshirts.  Here's a little American feast for the eyes.  Meanwhile, I'm off to daydream about being a cheerleader.









 


Jeremy Scott for Adidas swimsuit sold out but bid now on ebay £199.99









ASOS gingham skirt £30 and crop top £25


Imagery - Cosmopolitan, Any Girl Friday, Hell Yeah America, Finnaussity, Delish, Google Images

1 comment: