Sunday 4 November 2012

My Halloween Costume

Last night was my friend Lucy's highly anticipated Halloween party in her amazing Shoreditch pad.  The theme was 50 Shades of Graves which gave us girls an opportunity to take on some pretty dark personas.  I was having such a good time, I totally forgot to take photos so here's an 'artist's interpretation' of my get up.  

The Outfit



The Break Down


This AMAZING creation arrived this week and almost every girl in the office 
wore it throughout the day.  Love this brand, check out the jewellery too.


A last minute order from Amazon of all places!



An old Topshop dress tucked up into the corset and squeezed until smooth.  It turns out, the ability to breath is incredibly underrated, I don't know how women used to wear these contraptions every day.


Since I bought these a couple of weeks ago, I have found it hard not to want to wear them every day.  They look great with denim shirts, chunky knit jumpers and just give an instant edge to every outfit.


The Makeup

Blood coloured statement lips with several coats of Barry M lip paint.  
The liner was used to create a bloody look inspired by this gorgeous shot of Lana Del Rey.




Eylure fake lashes no. 080
I used a whole host of different eyeshadows to create dramatic smokey eyes, and topped them off with these false lashes.  I only ever use the 080's, I find others too heavy and unrealistic.

Barry M Nail Paint in Red Black
Finally, my favourite Winter nail varnish.  

No comments:

Post a Comment