Wednesday 14 November 2012

Sophie's Choice

My lovely sister Sophie has been poorly this week in hospital.  As one of my my most frequent readers (as well as some person in Santa Barbara apparently, hello who ever you are) I thought I'd kick off my gift guides with a very personal one.  A gift guide with no budget or restrictions, and from a dream world where I could give my family anything.  Just for my big sis.  Get well soon Soph xxxxx


A Christmas hamper from Fortnum and Mason - the perfect traditional gift for a foodie.


Soph is obsessed with the royals but I refuse to give anyone anything as twee as a commemorative mug.  Instead, I tracked down this Lydia Leith jelly mould in the shape of Her Majesty.


When she was little, Soph loved any thing to do with Miffy so I thought this 
cute-as-a-button fridge magnet would be the ideal nostalgic stocking filler.


A trip to New York.  Because I want her to see the best city in the world.


Every Alexander girl can be won over with a Chanel nail varnish. FACT.  
For Soph, I'd opt for best selling Dragon.  A classic Christmas colour.


The epitome of luxury and comfort - a pure cashmere robe from John Lewis.


A weekend in the house from The Holiday, one of Soph's favourite films.


Bunny PJ's from Lola Rose.  Just 'cause.


This to-die-for Aspinal of London handbag, big enough to carry around all Soph's teacher kit.



A weekly delivery of white chocolate fish and chips from 
Cranch's, our family's favourite sweet shop in Salcombe.


The ultimate Christmas candle from Diptyque - to fill her home with the smell of the season.


A majestic bowl from Harrods for her cat Willow.


Soph is always asking me to do her a smoky eye for evenings out.  
We've often done lessons so she can do it herself but it never seems to stick.  This mini kit from Benefit would give her everything she needed for the desired look.


A day with Fern Britton - Soph's icon.

Happy shopping readers - both real and imaginary x

No comments:

Post a Comment