Sunday 24 June 2012

In My Bedroom

This post is long overdue.  I took you all on the journey of my move, but never showed you my new stomping ground.  After packing up my house, and mildly damaging my dad's back from all the magazine and  book carrying, I spent two solid days making my new room my own little palace.  Some painting was involved (done with a makeup brush, I'm nothing if not resourceful) and I even hung my own pictures...pfft who needs a handyman?


If you don't have budget for expensive sheets and throws, you can still make your bed look hotel-worthy.  It's all in the layering and sticking to colours in the same family.  
The White Company sheets, topped with silken quilt (sssshh Primark), topped with fur throw (ssssssshhhhhhh TK Maxx), then various cushions for a final flourish. 


My Vogue billboard prints



My tower of fashion books.  Recommended reads include the Mulberry 40th Anniversary book, Kate Moss Style, Agent Provocateur - A Celebration of Femininity, Mario Testino - Let Me In



A collection of Barry M nail paints from Coral through to Mushroom, by way of glitter


A bedside table of Vogues


Two of my favourite things - my parents wedding picture and my Diptyque Mimosa candle
  

A clunky, old, antique chest with more books, my Mario print and polaroids


Candles from Agent Provocateur
  


My mini dressing table with the mirror I got from my first Saturday job in a gift shop



Trinkets


Memories

1 comment: