Sunday 18 March 2012

Mum's The Word

Once upon a time, in a far away land....or to be specific London in the 60's, a Junior Executive met a Secretary in an advertising agency.  Ever so Mad Men.  In true fairy tale fashion, they got hitched, had three pretty cool daughters, had an even cooler one eleven years later, and are currently living happily ever after.  They are  my parents, and one half of this unison is my mother.  



Mummy, who I more frequently refer to as 'Liz', is rather brilliant.  She has held a family together for 43 years, looking after four children, then looking after four of her children's children.  She is a true nurturer, she knows how to remove stains when I don't, she cares for everyone, she is better at shopping than cooking, she can laugh at herself, she speaks incredibly bad 'French' when we are actually in Portugal, and she has taught us all to be nearly as kind as she is.

So on Mother's Day, I'm going to say a big thank you.  Thank you for driving all the way to Fulham that time when I was ill, thank you for always buying us table presents at Christmas, thank you for looking after my friends when they need help, thank you for never letting me wear Adidas during the Spice Girls phase, thank you for the £20 you always give me for food shopping, thank you for taking care of Kate, Em and Soph.

I think you're fab. Love you lots xx

1 comment: