Friday 16 March 2012

The Big Move


Well, it's finally happening.  I have four days to pack up my beloved three storey house, cull anything I don't need, send stuff home to the parents (who are also having to move house - worst timing ever) and move into my lovely new flat.  Not gonna lie, DREADING it.

So to up my mood my focus has shifted from fashion to all things Home - a concoction of lovely things I have and where I keep them, to things I'd LOVE and inspiration for future homes to come.  



The perfect place to dream


Using ladders to display accessories?  Very cool.

 

 

My Agent Provocateur candles - they each smell delicious individually, 
but blend into a perfect scent when lit in unison. 

 


My current bedside table - my 13 year long Vogue collection. Four columns made into a table, topped with my treasured Mimosa Diptyque, usually one or five nail varnishes and a photo of my parents wedding.  They got married in Chelsea in the 60's and my mummy wore a mini dress.  How awesome is that?


This vast amount of Vogues, along with my fashion books and many more magazines, is what I am dreading moving the most.  What I really need is a local group of strapping young men with big arms.  
If anyone is available, please contact me!



 


Since polaroids have become less accessible, my shoe collection hasn't been looking so smart.  But new house, new resolutions.  Stylish organisation, here I come.


Underwear folded with military precision.  Since seeing the drawers at Agent Provocateur I decided I could no longer possibly live under my current conditions of haphazard lingerie storage.  



Jewellery should never be hidden.  Display it by draping over bed posts, mirrors, radiators, 
or put hooks or door knobs up (Zara Home does an amazing range) to allow necklaces to hang.  


I would like a big mirror please Santa.  
And if you could deliver it a little early, say next week, I'd be ever so grateful.



More polaroids


I remember viewing my house and upon discovering the stand alone bath, for me, it was a done deal.  A massive luxury that I am really going to miss.  And where will Kate go next?




 


I like to wash out old wine bottles, stick candles in them and light them for a gorgeous, rustic dinner table setting.  Green bottles look great too, and its best if the candles are at all different levels and not too perfect.  Similarly, jam jars are dotted around my house for tea lights and flowers.



 

And finally, the vehicle that in my dream world would transport all my treasures.


 Goodbye, wonderful Mimosa Street.  One day, I WILL buy number 10 xx

1 comment:

  1. love your home ideas. my favorites are the big mirror and the wine bottles with candles! i'm a big fan of clear jars and using them for collecting/organizing. right now i have the mason jars (i know, so pinterest) and use them to collect my bottle caps!

    ReplyDelete