Friday 21 December 2012

Last Minute Christmas Ideas

One of the best bits of Christmas is getting your home ready for family, friends and admirers.  Priorities for me include fairy lights - tonnes of them - candles, flowers and sparkle.  Jam jars and a mixture of old glass tumblers are brilliant for tea lights.  My sister, who is hosting, and I have had our decorating committee meeting and we're all set for a fabulous break.  I hope the below gives you some more last minute ideas. 


We always drink Kir Royale at Christmas.  I'm also going to try and introduce hot cider with vodka this year, which I drank on a magical rooftop in New York and have wanted to recreate ever since.


I thought this cake was genius and SO simple.  
Just pipe chocolate roughly into little tree shapes, wait to dry and place around a snowy white cake.


For me, the best of wreaths are made with flowers over holly and pine.  
This blend of lime, moss, white and silver is gorgeous.


Green and clear bottles are also great for foliage or candles.





Sweets piled high look great on top of cakes or in little jars.



I love how the fairy lights in this photo even twine round the bicycle. 




Candy cakes dotted around the house is great for children (sorry, AND adults)






London at Christmas - incredible.



Every boxing day I make a ginger bread house with my nephew Max - a great thing to 
keep children relatively quiet for an hour or two.


MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! xxxx

Imagery - pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment