Monday 3 December 2012

12 Days of Christmas - Love Lust Like's Version

December is upon us and my very favourite time of year has officially arrived.  So to kick off Christmas, here is my version of the Twelve Days of Christmas with, what I believe to be, an assortment of far more lustworthy gifts than the original.  Frankly if I was presented with a load of varying birds and maids on December 25th, my true love would soon become a true ex.  Merry start of December readers xxx

A Partridge in a Pear Tree
 First up, what turned out to be the most tricky of the twelve.  And lo, then there was Solange Azagury Partridge.  Her hotlips rings are perhaps her most recognised designs, but this Christmas miracle, the Big Bang ring, is made of white gold and diamonds with a wonderfully wonky star.
 A real WOW present.




 Two Turtle Doves
A cute little two-bird knit.  This would be ideal for one of my little nieces 
who I always buy clothes for so that I forever have the status of 
'Young Fashion Aunt who has permanent access to glitter makeup'.    




Three French Hens
There are some things the French simply do best.  Cuisine.  Seduction.  Berets.  And lingerie.  I've rounded up three of my favourite French brands for the ultimate luxurious Christmas present.  Princesse Tam Tam and Chantelle evoke great memories of an old job for me - the designs are exquisite.  But I'll never forget my first Fifi Chachnil - a delectable concoction of lace, silk and roses.  If you don't know this brand, acquaint yourself now online or in the store on Beauchamp Place, SW3.




Four Calling Birds
For my best friend Charlotte - the gossip addict.  Or for any girl who can't get through the day without calling for a rant, cry, giggle or exposé.  Refrain from sending yet another text and call someone this Christmas.  And what better way to do it than on one of these retro phones.


John Lewis


Oliver Bonas


Not On The High Street




 5 Gold Rings
There was no need to change this one.  It is the best of all the categories.  
I'd reenact the entire nativity in Swedish if it meant I could have the one by Alexander McQueen.

Astley Clarke
Dannijo



Monica Vinader


Alexander McQueen at Net A Porter
Alice by Temperley exclusive collaboration with Stella & Dot


6 Geese A-Laying
Eggs - done any way, they are the key component to a decadent weekend breakfast.
A stocking filler for a lover of the most important meal of the day.


Emma Bridgewater
Heals
Culture Lab


After Noah


7 Swans A-Swimming
Going to the ballet at Christmas is the very BEST treat I can think of and whilst a lot of people think of the Nutcracker, for me, it has to be Swan Lake.  Every girl has had the prima ballerina fantasy so here are seven party dresses I have tracked down which will make you feel at your most swan like.



Topshop
Miss Selfridge


Lipsy
Lipsy


New Look
New Look


Topshop


8 Maids A-Milking
Luxury beauty products are always a delight to open at present time.  Here are eight milk-based beauties.  Note, I did not say 'smelly stuff', the male's annual crappy answer to the question 'What have you bought your mum?'  Go for an upscale brand at somewhere like Selfridges or SpaceNK where the gift wrapping will be bang on and she'll feel like you've splashed out a bit.

Cleansing Milk Neals Yard Remedies
Almond Coconut Milk Body Souffle Laura Mercier at Urban Retreat


Soy Milk & Honey Body Polish Kiehls
Milk Bath Float The Body Shop


Milk Soak Space NK
Body Milk Acqua di Parma at Harrods


Milk & Honey Body Lotion Burt's Bees at Boots


9 Ladies Dancing
Disco pants have been one of the years biggest sell-out trends and for the girl you
know who is always first and last on the dance floor, this is the gift to get.
GlamorousUK does the very best in an array of colours without the original's hefty price tag.


Topshop
French Connection
Very.co.uk


All colours available at GlamorousUK


All colours available at GlamorousUK


10 Lords A-Leaping
For the Gay Best Friend - I had this T-shirt printed for mine so he
had something cheeky to wear in oh-so-festive Soho.


Visit Spreadshirt.co.uk for a quick and easy service.  Just don't accidentally order two like I did.
Is anyone in the market for a 'Gay Lords A-Leaping' fitted T?


11 Pipers Piping
For a Great British Bake Off wannabe (we all know one - mine is my boss)
I found a great little piping kit to take cupcakes from amateur to professional.






12 Drummers Drumming
Yep, at this stage honestly I'd run out of ideas.  So instead of a gift I thought I'd present
readers with twelve little examples of drummer eye candy in the shape of my friend Andrew,
who wins serious Love Lust Like points for 'Best Efforts in the Denim Genre'.
If you haven't seen Escapists play yet, do it soon.  They tour the UK this month and are a great Christmas outing if you love massive anthemic tunes and the surly, musical, tortured type.



Check out tour dates here - escapistsmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment