Tuesday 21 August 2012

60 Seconds With A Stylist - Nini Khatiblou

Nini Khatiblou, stylist and fashion editor, has featured on LOVE LUST LIKE before.  This time she's kicking off my 60 Seconds With A Stylist series.  

What are the first five things you do on a working day?
Check Facebook and Twitter before I get out of bed.  Shower.  Eat my daily porridge with agave nectar and drink coffee number one.  Double check the weather forecast and dress accordingly (I'll have planned my outfit the night before).  Catch the bus, generally listening to Kylie Minogue.  Stop by Pret on the way to the office for coffee number two - a skinny white Americano.

What are three things you couldn't live without as a stylist?
Fashion Monitor for all the PR contacts, giant safety pins for tailoring clothes to fit models (better than anything else including bulldog clips) and double sided tape.  My kit bag is an oversized Zara clutch that people always think is Alexander Wang.

What inspires you the most?
Anything to do with France and more specifically Paris. I lived there for 6 months and have never got over how amazingly stylish the French are.  I still get that feeling every time I go back or if I'm flicking through a French publication.

What is your most life changing moment in fashion to date?
Either getting the call to say I'd got the Fashion Assistant job at InStyle which was my break into styling and magazines, or styling an April main fashion story in Good Housekeeping which was one of my first shoots I styled alone.  It's still one of my favourites and makes me really happy everytime I see it.

What is your favourite styling tip?
This is so simple but I almost always roll up sleeves on jackets and coats, and do the same with skinny trousers and jeans. Cropping things always makes them look cooler.

What's your most treasured possession?
My 1930s Rolex which i got for my 21st.  It's been in my family for ages.

What makes your mind switch off from fashion? 
Exercise with my trainer and cooking.  When I'm not doing either of those things I'm almost always thinking of something fashion related.

What's more important - brains or beauty?
Brains.  You can buy beauty.

What piece of golden advice do you offer every intern?
Do everything you possibly can to impress people because you never know when a job might come up. Keep your head down and be prepared to do any task with a smile on your face!  Leave your attitude at the door.

What do you Love?
Rooftop drinks at Aqua.

What do you Lust?
Anything I see Olivia Palermo wearing.

What do you Like?
Sleeping. 

Follow Nini on twitter - @fashionini
Visit her website - www.ninikhatiblou.com

Image - Elleuk.com

No comments:

Post a Comment