Tuesday 4 September 2012

My Week In Pictures....A Little Late

Kicking off with new samples coming into the office.  Marni-esque metallic brocade shorts.  Yes please.



Tickets arrive.  Gaga here we come.


Flowers outside South Kensington station, brightening my commute.


I took my best friend Lizzie for her birthday lunch at Aubaine 
in Knightsbridge where we both opted for perfectly poached eggs...


...followed by the patisserie tray.


Lizzie's candle-adorned Mille Feuille.  Now you see it...


...Now you don't.






A wonder around, past the V&A.


And a peek and tip toe around the Brompton Oratory, one of my favourite 
places in London.  No photos are allowed (understandably) so I'll admit I googled the 
below to show readers how magnificent, serene and thought provoking it is.  


On to Sunday, when something came over me and I felt the urge to cook treats.  
I could feel the spirit of Nigella in the room.  
Starting with sweet potato chips sprinkled with sea salt, black pepper and chilli flakes.


Then onto homemade ginger scones.





Perfect with jams, marmalades, honey or lemon curd, and
tested by housemates, Sunday visitors and the girls at the office.

2 comments:

  1. Arrr a Happy Belated Birthday Lizzie :) (if this is the Lizzie I'm on about) x What yummy little desserts they are. Still my fave blog!!

    ReplyDelete