Monday 15 April 2013

Dream A Little Dream....

Well readers, it's not great news.  I still have no where to live.  It' unsettling and I'm confined to a bag of clothes so I'm repeating outfits a lot.  Shameful.  Thanks to some lovely, amazing, generous friends I am sleeping in the odd spare bed (bliss) and sofa surfing.  And so I've decided to conjure up my dream sofas.  For surfing.   Or for my future home.  Should it ever be discovered.


Velvet.  Plush.   Magazines stacked nearby.


Stripes in a summer palette.  Peonies earn extra points.


A big, plump couch to match the foliage.


Mismatching cushions and fashion clutter.  Dreamy.


Stripped back.


Hang a colourful or iconic print over a simple gleaming white sofa.


Crochet cushion + print cushions + simple couch


My grown up sofa.  No coloured liquids allowed.


Pink and pretty.  Love the 'darling' print.


Tranquil for undisturbed slumber.


Arty, with haphazard pillows.


Yep.  it's not gonna be the snuggliest of sleeps.  But this looks super slick.


I would pay someone to gently rock me to sleep.

For a couch makeover all you need is a great throw folded over the arm (ready to be used for an impromptu nap) and some cushions.  Stick to a core colour palette if you want it to look slick and cosmopolitan.  For a country vibe, mix all kind of prints.  The key is texture, texture, texture.  
Places to do this on a budget include Zara Home, TK Maxx, Marks and Spencer, Next (if you can bear to go in and ignore the rest of the product) and the ever sublime Ikea.  

imagery - pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment