Tuesday 28 February 2012

Press Day

A press day is a double edged sword for a PR.  On one hand, a 5.30am start, standing all day in heels, enduring the 'press day diet' (no meals, over indulgent canapes grabbed at any possible time) and finally packing up the whole event at the end of the day, wrestling with bubble wrap, package tape and unassembled cardboard boxes.  On the other hand, lots of lovely press, the joy of pretty little nibbles and usually a glorious location.  The St Martin's Lane Hotel Penthouse was my home for the day, with sensational views of the city and the hotel's eccentric decor.   



Best Outfits of the Day


Lisa Haynes, Fashion & Beauty Editor 
Press Association


Mark Cullum, Editor


Linh Ly, Senior Fashion Assistant
Harper's Bazaar


Finally, I had my very own expert colour consultation.  The amazing Pauline, after announcing my colouring is 'soft and sultry' (yeah, I'll take that), took me through every colour and tone that I should banish from my wardrobe and makeup bag, and all those lovely shades I should wear in abundance.  Here is my bespoke swatch chart.  Time to start culling!

No comments:

Post a Comment